I am that Mom. I am the Mom that does
My first act as that Mom is C's first Halloween a.k.a. Fall Fest costume.
I considered several options for her first costume. I won't mention all the ideas, because I could still use them in the future, but suffice it to say that I wasn't getting excited about the store bought fleece costumes..have I mentioned we live in TX and the minute I purchased one of those we would have a forecast of 85 degrees...or any other readily available polyester option.
So, what's a girl to do? You guessed it...Pinterest. There I saw the brilliance that is the Cabbage Patch Doll costume complete with box. I may not have come up with the idea but I think we executed pretty flawlessly.
We (Daddy and I) made the costume solely from items on hand...part of a cardboard box, C's stroller, paint, green fleece, a crocheted hat, and an outfit from Lollie The only thing we had to purchase for the costume was a roll of brown yarn which cost me all of $1.50, oh and some zip ties.
I think it turned out very well. What we neglected to do was attach a donation jar to the top of the box for everyone that stopped us at Fall Fest to take a picture or comment on her costume. We could have had a partially funded college account. :) I told someone...it never really occurred to me that people would go so gaga over C and her costume. I was just trying to make a cute costume for my kid. We were told numerous times how creative, cute, etc she was and that we should win the prize for the night...again, if only there was a prize.
We had a fun time putting the costume together and I'm so glad C "put up" with the costume. She was so good the entire night. I wouldn't say she was happy about the situation but she was very chilled out in her dressed up stroller. She never once tried to take her wig off. That is a win.
I can't imagine what must have been running through her head all night as hundreds (there were about 3000 people at Fall Fest, which had to be moved indoors due to heavy rain, btw) of strangers looked at her and took her picture.
So, now that you have all the info, and are chomping at the bit to see all the cuteness...I present to you...my real Cabbage Patch Doll. Might I add, she is so much cuter than the Cabbage Patch I had growing up (which is now in C's closet waiting to be played with). Oh, and we realized later that this year is the 30th anniversary for Cabbage Patch.
Ok, I lied before, here she is....
No comments:
Post a Comment