Sunday, September 15, 2013, we participated as a family in Mobberly's Baby Blessing. Baby Blessing is a time for families to stand before the church body and recognize the precious lives that we hold as gifts from God. We publically proclaim by standing there that we intend to raise our families the Lord's way. It is also a time for the church body to commit to praying for the children and parents.
We are so thankful to be part of a church that loves its people and seeks to come alongside families to raise children in knowledge of the Lord.
Caroline was presented with a red rose to symbolize her life as a gift and a pink Bible embossed with her name.
Pastor Glynn read the meaning of her name: Filled with praise; and the verse we chose for her:
1 Samuel 12:23-24 - "Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and right way. Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you."
We desire that these words ring true in our family. Will and I have the responsibility of leading, instructing, and admonishing Caroline, and future children. The best way for us to lead is on our knees, requesting guidance for each step from the Lord.
We pray that C will come to a saving faith at an early age and she will serve him faithfully with all her heart for all her life. Each day, as trouble and pain swirl around us, I am reminded of what great gifts have already been handed to us from our Heavenly Father...and we are filled with joy.
Caroline wore a precious light blue cordoury dress with coral flowers and coral colored patent leather shoes that Lollie picked out for her. The shoes were a definite hit.
We were thrilled to share the special moment with Lollie, Mooie, Papa, and Granny. This weekend was the first time Granny (Will's grandmother) met Caroline.
I'm happy to say that despite fears and plenty of "in case" preparation, Caroline did not cry, loudly fill her diaper, spit up, loose clothing, or otherwise melt down on stage. Maybe stage presence is in the blood. She seemed to enjoy all the lights, and I'm pretty sure I caught her looking at the big screen.
As any good Memphian does, we celebrated the occasion back at the house with a BBQ feast. Granted, we live in Texas so we had to settle for beef, but it was a barbeque feast nonetheless.
Grateful for these memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment