Harvest Sunset Background

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Light speed ahead


The post that I just published about our gender reveal has been languishing in the unpublished folder since December.  That’s nine months, people.  I’ll try to cover some of what happened during that time at a later date.  For now, in the interest of not getting bogged down in trying to recount the past and forever being behind the times, we will start with today; well, yesterday, actually.

Yesterday, my sweet baby girl, who you unfortunately know little about, turned 5 months old.  That’s right; Caroline was born April 5, 2013, 6 days past her due date.  (I didn’t quite get the Easter baby I was hoping for.)  I’ll work on writing out the story of her birth soon.  As for today:

Sweet Caroline,

               Your Daddy and I are having so much fun with you these days.  As much as we want you to stay tiny and cute forever, we are excited to see your personality and abilities grow.  You are so bright eyed and love taking in the world.  You weigh around 14lbs and are 24 inches tall.  People say you look like, Daddy, Lollie, Mommy, even Aunt Julie.  We can't decide.  You wear 3-6mo size clothing and a size 2 diaper.  We just made the switch to size 2, probably long overdue – if for no other reason than to contain your “explosive” poo (almost daily come home in different clothing than you went to school in).  Mommy had a mental complex about this change.  It came sooner than I wanted.  You are desperate to move.  You roll all over the place – from back to tummy and tummy to back in both directions.  You love to kick your right leg, stand assisted, and play rocket with Daddy.  You can scoot backwards on your back, using your heels to push off.  When on your tummy you can extend your legs and hold your bottom up in the air.  I was recently informed of the old wives tale regarding this activity.  Just to be clear there is no sibling on the way.  J You are gaining strength in your back and are close to sitting up.  At school you have started using a jumper.  We are hoping to get you one for at home soon.  We need activities beyond laying you on the floor or holding you.  Your favorite toys right now are your feet, your hands – constantly in your mouth, a blue ball, and a red scarf.  This week you started passing your ball between hands instead of just grabbing with one hand.  You have started showing more interest in my phone.  I think you like the light and you’ve seen me on it quite a bit while nursing.  Speaking of, you generally nurse once in the morning before I leave for work, eat three 5-6oz bottles at school, and nurse a couple of times in the evening.  You are still waking up off and on at night, but I’m not pushing you too hard since we haven’t started any solids yet.  I do certainly love the nights when my sleep is uninterrupted.  You have started sitting in your chair at the dinner table when we eat.  You love music – it usually calms you when upset or when it’s one of “your songs” we can get a smile.  You are either in a very serious and quiet mood or talking up a storm.  You enjoy bath time and have started seeing how much water you can splash on Mommy.  You will not take a paci.

Caroline, you are a joy, and the best part of Mommy and Daddy’s day is getting to hang out with you.  I can never get enough of our sweet snuggles.  Some days are harder to manage than others, but no matter what Mommy and Daddy will always love you, precious C bear.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment